CTT have now given permission for Type B club events to resume from 12th July 2020. HWCC will therefore run the remaining Evening TT Series events starting on 14th July and on every Tuesday thereafter until 18th August 2020.
In order to run these events safely, we have adapted the CTT Covid-19 risk assessment to suit the constraints of our events. We will be releasing further details of the rules for competitors and helpers to follow in the coming days (See below)
Please ensure that you are familiar with the rules and abide by them at all times. It is crucial for everyone's safety, the public image of cycling and the reputation of the club that everyone acts responsibly.
Please enter the events in advance using the Google Sheet link here.
There is a separate tab for each event. Fill out your details in the tab for each event you would like to enter. We are going to limit the numbers for the first event to 30 riders to ensure that the event is manageable (The first event is now full)
Please do not turn up at the Longwick layby unless you have registered to ride or help at the event. We need to ensure numbers are manageable at the start and finish.
We are very excited to be able to finally start our new Evening TT Series and look forward to seeing you out racing!
(Further details of the series can be found in the 'Racing section' of this website)
Update 9th July
HWCC Evening Time Trial Series- Covid-19 Precautions
It’s the Committee aim to allow our members an early return to orderly and enjoyable time trial competition in safe circumstances. To enable us to provide you with this opportunity please do observe these instructions.
- Do not attend the event in any capacity if you or someone in your household is isolating for Covid-19 symptoms. This also applies if you have been told to isolate by the NHS Track and Trace service.
- Please follow any instructions given to you on the night by event officials, they will be there to help you have an enjoyable and safe experience.
- Please use the pre-entry Google sheet to enter the event where possible. This makes sign on more efficient and reduces contact..
- Bring your own pen to sign on for the event, which is still required by Cycling Time Trials.
- All entry fees will be due after the series has finished to avoid handling cash on the evening.
- Please observe social distancing of at least two metres where possible at all times. Please do not congregate at or near the start point or signing on area.
- A maximum of 3 riders spaced at two metre intervals are allowed at the start point. Do not turn up earlier than 3 minutes before your assigned start time.
- After the finish please do not approach the timekeeper to view your time. These will be published online after the event, along with the prize list.
- No-one else should touch your race number after you have finished your ride. Place your race number in the bag provided.
- Longwick Hall will not be used after the event to avoid club members congregating in an indoor space.
- Please be aware car drivers will not expect to see a time trial taking place and some may take an adverse view of our activity, especially if they see groups of riders. If you are approached by any non event persons send them to the start point. We can then assure them this is a bona fide event with Thames Valley Police approval and taking place under COVID risk assessed conditions according to the guidelines of the national governing body – Cycling Time Trials.
- The first event will be a big learning experience for all of us and we will make changes as necessary as the series continues to enable us to improve the remaining events.
- And lastly do enjoy what for most of you will be your first competitive ride on the open road this year. Ride safe and remember your rear light.