The HWCC Boxing Day 10 will be taking place on Boxing Day(!) with sign on at 9:15 and the first rider off at 10am.
Course: HCC202 (standard Longwick 10 mile course) https://www.londonwestdc.co.uk/hcc202a
Sign on location: Longwick layby
Entry fee: Free
Entry is online only and a start sheet will be published prior to the event. Entry will close on Tuesday 22nd December.
This event will be run in accordance with CTT Covid secure guidelines as for our summer events. There will be no entry on the day. If you wish to ride please enter via the Google Form link below:
HWCC Evening Time Trial Series- Covid-19 Precautions
It’s the Committee aim to allow our members to ride and enjoy orderly time trial competition in safe circumstances. To enable us to provide you with this opportunity please do observe these instructions.
- Do not attend the event in any capacity if you or someone in your household is isolating for Covid-19 symptoms. This also applies if you have been told to isolate by the NHS Track and Trace service.
- Maintain a 2m distance from other riders and officials at all times. If you need to be closer than this, please wear a mask
- Please follow any instructions given to you on the day by event officials, they will be there to help you have an enjoyable and safe experience.
- Bring your own pen to sign on for the event, which is still required by Cycling Time Trials.
- Please observe social distancing of at least two metres where possible at all times. Please do not congregate at or near the start point or signing on area.
- A maximum of 3 riders spaced at two metre intervals are allowed at the start point. Do not turn up earlier than 3 minutes before your assigned start time.
- After the finish please do not approach the timekeeper to view your time. These will be published online after the event, along with the prize list.
- No-one else should touch your race number after you have finished your ride. Place your race number in the bag provided.
- Longwick Hall will not be used after the event to avoid club members congregating in an indoor space.
- Please be aware car drivers will not expect to see a time trial taking place and some may take an adverse view of our activity, especially if they see groups of riders. If you are approached by any non event persons send them to the start point. We can then assure them this is a bona fide event with Thames Valley Police approval and taking place under COVID risk assessed conditions according to the guidelines of the national governing body – Cycling Time Trials.
- And lastly do enjoy what your first competitive ride of 2021 on the open road this year. Ride safe and remember your rear light. No rear light, no ride, no exceptions.