HWCC Evening Time Trial Series 2021 – Covid-19 Precautions and Restrictions
Please read these instruction very carefully
We all look forward to a period when time trial sport can return to more free and easy days as it was prior to the COVID pandemic, with lots of banter and chat over cups of tea and a slice of cake after events. Sadly this may be some way off yet. But hopefully even later this season COVID restrictions at time trials may become more relaxed. In the mean time in everyone’s interest the following COVID restrictions must apply at all Club time trials. In drawing up these rules and requests we have been guided by Cycling Time Trials Restrictions and Risk Assessments on running time trials during COVID lockdown. Future changes as lockdown restrictions change will be notified via the Club’s Facebook and email.
- Do not attend the event in any capacity if you or someone in your household is isolating for Covid-19 symptoms. This also applies if you have been told to isolate by the NHS Track and Trace service.
- Please use the pre-entry Google sheet to enter the event where possible. This makes sign on more efficient and reduces contact.
- Please remember to bring your own pen to sign on for the event.
- You must wear a face covering when signing on and collecting your race number.
- Whilst current COVID restrictions apply all HWCC Club members will be given free entry.
- The fee for private riders will be £5.00 per event payable on the night in the exact cash amount. NO CHANGE will be given to minimise cash handling. Cashless systems are being considered. Please refer to the Series Competition rules concerning event fees.
- Please observe social distancing of at least two metres where possible at all times. And do not congregate at or near the start or signing on area. Be patient when signing on.
- Please avoid gathering in groups elsewhere in Longwick layby. We fully understand the desire to want to chat with friends you’ve not seen for some time. But do think of everyone’s heath and well being including your own.
- A maximum of 3 riders spaced some two metres apart are allowed at the start. Please try not to turn up at the start point earlier than 3 minutes before your assigned start time. Such timing may prove challenging but we ask all riders to do their very best in this respect. No pushers will be available. Riders must self start.
- After the finish please do not approach the timekeeper to view your time. These will be published online after the event
- Longwick Hall will not be used after the event to avoid club members congregating in an indoor space. But hopefully the hall may become available later in the series.
- We all look forward to an enjoyable and safe evening series with many personal bests.
March 27th 2021