The HWCC Evening Time Trial Series is a new initiative for 2020 and will run every Tuesday Evening from April 7th to August 18th (subject to Government restrictions with regards to Covid 19).
It will be run according the following rules:-
1. The series is open to all first and second claim members of HWCC. Members of other clubs may ride events but will not be eligible for prizes.
2. The entry fee will be £5.00 for HWCC members and £6.00 for non-members.
3. Prizes will be awarded on the night as follows:
4. Riders are only eligible for a prize in one category. The category must consist of at least two eligible riders for a prize to be awarded.
5. Veterans times will be calculated against CTT standard times.
6. A number of events will be reserved for particular categories i.e. road bike, 2-up, etc. Only riders which fulfil the particular entry criteria (i.e. road bikes) will be eligible for prizes. Non-eligible rides will still be timed but will not be considered for prize money.
7. Prizes will be awarded at the Longwick Village Hall.
8. Any HWCC member who enters an evening time trial event is expected to assist as a marshal or start pusher at two other events over the course of the season. This is irrespective of the number of events entered i.e. you are expected to marshal two events whether you ride one event or ten. Riders intending to ride any events shall commit to volunteer duties prior to the first event.
9. Riders who have not committed to two events as a volunteer helper will not be considered for prizes.
10. All competitors shall wear an approved hard shell helmet.
11. All competitors shall have a clearly visible red rear light for all events. This is now a mandatory CTT requirement for open and club events and will be strictly enforced by the start team.
12. HWCC strongly advise that all competitors also have a flashing white front light.
13. Competitors must sign on, pay their fee and collect their number prior to the advertised start time for the event. No late entries will be accepted after the start time and no credit will be given.
14. No U-turns are allowed in the road in the vicinity of the start. Riders must not ride through the start once the event has begun.
15. Pre start number allocations will be:-
These allocations may be altered at the discretion of HWCC organisers on the night.