High Wycombe Cycling Club – Evening Time Trial Series Rules 2022
1. The Series is open to all first and second claim members of HWCC. Private rides are also permitted and are also eligible for prizes.
2. Private riders must be member of a club affiliated to Cycling Time Trials (CTT).
3. Alternatively riders who are not members of a club affiliated to CTT may participate in the series under the ‘Come and Try’ it rules. This allows newcomers to time trialing to ride three events, after which time they are required to join a cycling club affiliated to the CTT if they wish to continue participating in CTT time trials.
4. Entry fees will be £5.00 per event for HWCC first and second claim members and £6.50 for non-members. Junior riders (both member and non-member) will pay a reduced fee of £4.00. Payment will be made before each event at the start.
5. Prizes will be awarded for each event in the series as follows:
• Veteran’s 1st £15, 2nd £10, 3rd £5.
• Fastest male £15.
• Fastest female £15.
• Fastest Junior (U18) 1st £15, 2nd £10, 3rd £5.
6. Riders are only eligible for a prize in one category. The category must consist of at least two eligible riders for a prize to be awarded
7. Veteran’s times will be calculated using VTTA standards. There are no separate mens’ and ladies’ prizes in this category as prizes will be awarded against age related veterans standards, rather than actual time.
8. A number of events will be reserved for particular categories i.e. road bike, 2 up etc. Only riders who fulfil the entry criteria (i.e. road bikes) will be eligible for prizes. Non eligible riders will still be times but will not be considered for prize money.
9. Prizes will be paid to winners via electronic bank transfer once the results have been confirmed.
10. High Wycombe Cycling Club members who enter an evening series event will be required to assist as a marshal or start pusher at two other events during the course of the evening series. This is irrespective of the number of events entered.
11. Riders who have not committed to assist at two events will not be considered for prizes.
12. All competitors MUST wear an approved hard shell helmet.
13. All competitors shall have a clearly visible and brightly illuminated red rear light and front white light for all events. This is now a mandatory CTT requirement for ‘Open’ and ‘Club’ time trials. This requirement will be strongly enforced by the start team who can prevent a rider from starting.
14. Competitors must sign on at Longwick Layby and collect their number prior to the advertised start time of the event. No late entries will be accepted after the event has started. This will be 7.01pm for most of the evening series.
15. No ‘U’ turns are allowed in the road in the vicinity of the start area. Riders must not ride through the start point once the event has started.
HWCC March 2022